The 12 Steps to Total and Complete Insanity
- We admitted we were powerless over nothing. We could manage
our lives perfectly and we could manage those of anyone else that would allow it.
- Came to believe that there was no power greater than
ourselves, and the rest of the world was insane.
- Made a decision to have our loved ones and friends turn
their wills and their lives over to our care.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of everyone we
- Admitted to the whole world at large the exact nature of
- Were entirely ready to make others straighten up and do
- Demanded others to either "shape up or ship out".
- Made a list of anyone who had ever harmed us and became
willing to go to any lengths to get even with them all.
- Got direct revenge on such people whenever possible except
when to do so would cost us our own lives, or at the very least, a jail sentence.
- Continued to take inventory of others, and when they were
wrong promptly and repeatedly told them about it.
- Sought through nagging to improve our relations with others
as we couldn't understand them at all, asking only that they knuckle under and do things
- Having had a complete physical, emotional and spiritual
breakdown as a result of these steps, we tried to blame it on others and to get sympathy
and pity in all our affairs.
From The ACA Communicator - March
1990 - Omaha, Council Bluffs Area Intergroup