Nutrition and Addiction Recovery
- How Diet and Nutrition Impact Recovery - A look at how proper diet can contribute to a state of well-being and reduce the cravings for drugs and alcohol in the early stages of recovery.
- The "Recovery Diet" - Some practical suggestions, based on nutritional studies, to help people to make good food choices.
- How Drugs & Alcohol Damage the Body - Very brief descriptions of the major areas of the body impacted by alcohol and drug use, along with some nutritional recommendations that can bring healing and promote recovery.
- Smart Snacking for People in Recovery - Experts recommend light meals with snacking in between as an aide to proper nutrition and control mood swings. Just as important is snacking on the right things. Here's some suggestions.
- Benefits of Exercise in Recovery - Eating right is important, so is exercise. The proper amount of exercise helps the body to more effectively process the nutrients we eat, along with contributing to our general state of well-being and helps with sleep. Here's some suggestions for getting started.
- If you know of other web sites that offer more information on this topic, or if you have some thoughts on these pages, please give us your feedback.